Blanton's Straight from the Barrel

Warehouse H, Rick No. 44
14 Nov 2015 5:35 pm by Gonathras

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Blanton's Straight from the Barrel

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.50 points

1. rallerboy888 scored this whisky 94 points Member Junior

Nose:
    Sweet, spicy, oak, rye, vanilla, al-kuhl.
    The nose is surprisingly weak, but my fading cold may be to blame for that. It stings a little at first, but quickly mellows.

Taste:
    Spicy rye, oak, vanilla, burn, dry, almonds, sweet bourbon-y stuff, caramel. It's quite thick, but not oily.
    Damn easy to drink for its proof! The strength provides plenty of power for the taste, but also keeps it pretty dry. Not overly complex, but it tastes good.

Finish:
    Burns my throat. Sweet, cotton candy, toasted oak, artificial vanilla.
    IT NEVER ENDS!

Talkstuffs:
    This is what I would call a good rye-heavy bourbon. It's barrel proof, full-bodied, and packs a helluva punch. I think I scored one of the highest proof SFTBs out there, but I can't say for sure. Honestly, I wouldn't add water to this, because I found it to lose flavour and turn thin rather quickly. Perhaps I should try the Blanton's Gold - it's probably better suited for me. My only complaint with this whiskey is that the rye content is a slight bit too high for me. It ain't easy to drink, but it's not supposed to be. It's just pure delicious.
    • Taste