- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Mellifluous, tinglifying and dignified
- Stated Age
- 28 years old
- Refill Ex-Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 58.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 Nov 2015 11:58 am by Allandale
5 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
10 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cragganmore 1987 SMWS 37.68
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.89 points
- I LOVE this SMWS bottlings called "old and dignified". this one is also great and shows what a real Cragganmore is all about! smoky, malty, sweet aromas in the nose. still fresh but with this woody tones of long matured beauties. Coconut, caramel, spices on the palate. long lingering finish. it changes a lot with air and water, so go on a discovery and take your time. not a whisky for beginners, but everything, what I expected.
- SMWS Tasting notes
The nose offered honey on porridge and charming old wood infused with delightful sweetness, saltiness and spice( old-fashioned sweetie shops, spice cabinets, old see chests-also coconut and lemon grass. The palate was fabulously sweet-spun sugar,runny honey, brown sugar meringues and golden syrup, with raspberries,dark cherries and blueberries and a good dash of ginger from the wood. The reduced nose shifted to dried mango, fig, rhubarb rock and black grape skins, with Chantilly cream on ginger cake.The palate now gave us Charentais melon,banana,spiced poached pears.chocolate,cherry,coconut and tobacco-mellifluous, tinglifying and dignified.