- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 5
- PX & Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 55.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 2015/09/16 LJ10946
- Added on
- 09 Nov 2015 12:37 pm by Amsterdam
42 × in wishlist
283 × member ratings
869 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach Cask Strength
56 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.65 points
Fresh fruit, sherry
Spicy tongue, chocolate, fruit, flower scent
- Beautiful sherry whisky, full-bodied, full-bodied, with a rich palette of derivatives, quite complex and complex, whole, strong.
Open, dry, fruit jam, dark chocolate, cocoa, cappuccino, dried fruits - raisins, figs, dates; sweet creamy notes - boiled condensed milk, toffee; spiced wood, cigar box, hookah tobacco, furniture lacquer, harsh mineral notes, different varieties of raisins.
Powerful, rich, oak-raisin, sweet, a lot of various raisin shades, dried grapes, dark chocolate, monsigne candies, dried fruits, tobacco, some leather goods, coffee, cocoa.
Sweet and sour, warming, chocolate, oak, a little astringent bitterness of young bark, creamy notes, fruit jam, burnt crackers, puer, an abundance of raisins.
- A really great, very good malt; I think it matured in American white oak barrels;
despite NAS he doesn't seem young;
clearly sherry, berries, oranges, sweetness, caramel, nuts, oak;
diluted with water: an intense start, leather, oranges, sherry, honey, caramel, milk chocolate, some cocoa, some ginger, then oak;
medium-long, warming finish, oak, sherry; a really nutty aftertaste;
- I prefer this one over batch 4. It's more balanced. Contains more vanilla. They may have used more american oak casks over european. It's less sharp to me compared to batch 4. But offers less sherry compared to batch 3. I like its little sulphury chocolate/coffee taste.