- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 1st Edition
- Oloroso Sherry Cask Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Two Part, Sherry Cask Extra Matured
- Added on
- 06 Nov 2007 12:00 pm
26 × in wishlist
376 × member ratings
947 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie Lasanta
52 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.18 points
- [October, 2012] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 50 Euro in October, 2008.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. My notes state an unbalanced and unattractive modern sherry profile. I did not like it.
- [October, 2012] I had this dram during a community tasting near Bonn.In
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. I took no detailed notes as I knew it before.
- Price / performance is great. Can you recommend comfortably!
Honey / caramel sweetness overlaid with butter and raisins. There is anticipation of the first sip!
Stimulates salivation immediately. Nice sherry sweetness, honey and again this light butter note. Woody, spicy and creamy.
Soft finish with a lot of spice
- Nose:- Soothing on nose with strong presence. Honey, sweet spices and caramel with touch of chocolate. Generally good quality.
Palate:- Candy and spice sweet, raisin. Rich, creamy and mouth coating. Well rounded.
Finish:- Smooth and long. Spicy, dry and chewy. Tinge of cocoa powder emerge at the end.
Simple and easy dram.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- a better marriage compared to the quinta ruban
woodsy sherry, salty red fruits, glenmorangie
butter honey and
red fruits, red wood, butter sherry, fairly spicy (neutral), bread
woodsy plum (red fruits), oily alcohol, somewhat salty malt at the back