- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2019 9:16 pm
6 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
180 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Basil Hayden's Artfully Aged
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.75 points
- Pleasantly surprised by this one. Also the price came down or at least did not go up in Germany over the years. Became more widely available in better sorted supermarkets. The only real gripe would be the minimum abv. Picture BH @50+% abv. like Knob Creek or Baker's, you got a real winner. But this one's a good upgrade for the casual Bourbonist. Works well with Coke, too, I heard them say. I prefer it neat, though.
Vanilla, caramel, oranges
Spices, pepper, vanilla, honey, tea
Short to medium length
Unfortunately, this bourbon has at least 3% too little alcohol.
Except for the short finish, there is nothing to complain about.
Otherwise nicely done.
- Good entry-level bourbon, but a bit one-dimensional and boring ...
- - a super balanced soft bourbon
- looks much rounder and more aromatic than that
all "Standard Jim Beam"
- at € 40 it is not very cheap for a bourbon, but you can definitely taste the higher quality, hence the price
Surprisingly subtle and somewhat reserved, soft and pleasant, no trace of glue or unpleasant alcoholic note, typical sweetness of corn, vanilla
soft mild start, a lot of aroma on the palate, the character confirmed by the nose, a lot of sweetness and vanilla, very soft in the mouth, subtle wood notes, no disturbing factors
medium-long, sweet aftertaste
- Fruit, vanilla, honey. Unfortunately a bit too thin in my opinion. As an entry bourbon ok.
Cereals, rye, vanilla, cocos, marzipan, butterscotch, sultanas, apricot, nougat
dry with hints of rye and typical bourbon flavours
- A good bourbon with an unusually high rye content;
mild, caramel, oak, vanilla;
soft, gentle onset, caramel, honey, spicy (pepper, some oak), vanilla, balanced;
medium long, sweet, soft finish; gently spicy in the aftermath;
- Rather boring and watery (too low abv?)
Sweet ripe oranges, milk chocolate, honey, brown sugar, no burn at all from the alcohol, vanilla
Heavy on caramel, apple, watery
Burned sugar, not much oak notes
Spices, more spices with some herbal and tea flavor
Aromas of white pepper, orange, lemon and corn notes are offset by soft cinnamon, rye and sweet caramel
Dry and rather short finish with a powerful dash of refreshing cinnamon and light vanilla
- Tasted this Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey during an American Tasting by Whiskey4all.nl end of June 2017
Nose: notes of glue, fresh wood, spicy and fresh mint
Taste: clearly influences of rye on a sweet bourbon body. it gives a bit of a slimy impression in the mouth.
Finish: Hay, bit alcoholic, brown sugar.
Comments: approx: 63% corn, 10% barley and 27% rye.