- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Amoroso Sherry Wood
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- TD-S: 5FR
- Added on
- 07 Jul 2007 7:41 pm
15 × in wishlist
75 × member ratings
200 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 1991
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.75 points
- Nose 22, taste 21.5, finish 22, balance 21.5
- Very good whisky to enjoy with friends.
A little smoke, sweet on the nose like prunes and cherry jam.
Warm, sweet taste. Like jam.
Sweet and slightly smoky aftertaste
- First try in bar, hard to believe such 13 year aged whisky got little flavor.
The aroma vanish in a snap.
Salty,hints of seirogan(Japanese medicine pills),fresh apple,star fruit,chestnut,butter scotch,leather shoes,rubbery,nectar,smoked Plum
chestnut, sweet,dark fruit,pear,peat,coffee,dark chocolate,hints of cream,Fruity sour
- From the nose one of the best Talisker DEs. Unfortunately a bit weak in the finish.
- Ranking 1.Nase, 2.Mund, 3. Departure instead of 90 (nose and mouth) - 88 out of 100 points
sherry and old harbor ropes with seaweed
salty flowery moorland air
The Erika is already flourishing
You are not sure
Peat and salt are too heavy in the air
old sherry casks in the warm sun
Leather shoes on warm asphalt
Menthol in fruity tart sherry over chocolate toffee
gentle, almost flowery start
ethereal, spicy, yet toffee-soft on the tongue
Your mouth is filled, sherry smoke and salt
fruity tar, chocolate toffee, some menthol
Pepper spicy blends fruit sweetly
complex and flattering
short - medium
Chocolate, menthol, fruit, salt
Barn notes & maritime notes to the end
in the end weak notes
slight bitterness and old barrel
the departure flattens off
Point deduction for it
- Prunes, toffee and something very slightly fishy on the nose. Another big,
dominant dram like the 1989, mouth-coating, with treacle, malt and a suggestion
of full cream milk. The finish is long, quite fruity, and pleasing as it slowly
dries. Bottled 2004.
leather, tobacco, stewed fruit. (88)
oily, salty, stewed fruits & some dissolved fruit drops, faint sherry. (87)
drying, more saltyness, faint chocolate, a bit liquor-y/artificially thick/clotted. (83)