- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Island Collection
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Bourbon, Refill & Re-charred Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Oct 2015 3:32 pm by Erik Elixir
6 × in wishlist
104 × member ratings
99 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Inchmurrin 18-year-old
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.17 points
- 20 21 20 21 82
- An interesting malt that sure does have a certain uniqueness to it.
A light maltiness with subtle orchard fruits. Think pear skins and ripe red apples, but also some white grapes. A touch of oak shavings, together with a whiff of cardboard and Demerara sugar, as well as some floral notes.
Some butterscotch and honeyed apricots, but also notes of menthol and cloves, followed by grassy notes and a slight oakiness.
Lingering spices and a whiff of menthol again. Medium in length.
Sweet, some freshly mown grass
Very fruity, exotic fruits (banana?), citrus
Long and warm with caramel and ginger
- Compared to the 12er (WID: 107536) much oakier. The tropical fruits of the 12er are more discreet. Some floral notes. Cereal and oak notes (not unpleasant, but really nice).
Somehow, that offers too little for me. Apart from the grain and oak notes, there will not be that much anymore. Since I liked the 12er better.
- A lovely dram!
Rich, floral, passionfruit
Sweetish, floral (geraniums), very tasty
Mild with a lovely spicy note in the back
- A decent Malt - but for 18 years you can expect more!
subtle sweetish, fruity aromas, hardly any expression;
soft sweetish onlook, light (exotic) fruits, smoke (???), bitter oak;
medium length finish, sweetish finish;