10 × in wishlist
82 × member ratings
154 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Nàdurra - Peated
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.49 points
- Jim Murray has awarded 95.5 points to the Nàdurra Peated.
- A really nice dream which loves water! Peated cask give just the right amount of smoke to allow the delicate and complex Glenlivet spirit to show.
Not peaky, just good clean smoke. With time the smoke gently begins to open and up comes a mossy and grassy note. With a drop of water, classic Glenlivet notes of apples and tropical fruits appear.
On the palate it's hot, alcohol definitely doing a lot of talking. Smoky and dirty, lots of moss, grass and smoke. With water the a creaminess comes in, lots of vanilla and notes of green apple coming through.
Long, with water it is apples with just a wisp of smoke lurking in the background.
- Tasted at Story Tellers: Tasting Whisky in January 2017
quite heavy on the alcohol.
interresting combination of a Nadurra and peat, but it does not really do it for me.
- With the addition of water, the smoke is clearly in the background, the sharpness subsides and fruits become clearer. Whether you want that, everyone has to decide for themselves. Ordinary whisky as always in the Nadurrareihe. Otherwise a Glenlivet with clear smoke !!!!. You do not have that every day in the glass, therefore reasonably priced (55 €, 2017/06).
Smoke, salt, ham, sweet behind, lemons with water: more citrus, lime, pineapple, cotton candy
Ash, sour fruits, spicy with water: sweeter, more citrusy, still tingles on the tongue
long, sweet, smoke, dark chocolate with water: medium, sweet, fruity
- A dram as I like them, simple, intense, the note of peat just break a little fruit intake!
Exotic fruits and fine peat!
the peat is almost too little, but various spices and passion fruit, pineapple ... and apples in return explode in the mouth, the vanilla presents then the return of alcohol is felt !!
medium to long enough on the same scents, then wood and peat reappear!
- oh my holy ... I really did need some water. the ABV is hefty. It took me some time to settle. the Bourbon influence is nice. sweet, vanilla, some cocos, citrus, and a lot of spices and there is a gentle hint of peat. allright dram with water