- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon Finish
- Number of bottles
- 53.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Added on
- 01 Oct 2015 7:59 pm by Schmausel
21 × in wishlist
41 × member ratings
98 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2003
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.26 points
- My conclusion is that its better without water, but the finish is better with some drops of water.
w/o water Intense alcohol at first - let the whisky sit in the glas for a while before sniffing it, sherry, fruity, raspberry
with water: more sherry and much less alcohol then before. citrus and apples
w/o water: warm smooth body, a little dry, sherry, vanilla, butter/butter popcornwith water taste: sherry and fruits.
w/o water: vanilla, sherry, some hints of fruits
with water: poweful vanilla, much more then before - sherry and fruits are not coming on as good as w/o water.
- More mine than # 4067, pretty dark with power
Raisin, clear mocha / chocolate note, figs, raspberry jam, cherry
First again nice mocha, some leather, oak with medium seasoning, jam, berries pickled, strength is palpable, rum raisins
Bitter orange, warm, full, long, oak remains like Sherry in the throat
- For 85€ (04-2016) you get a very well made Glendronach which is not really obvious to be only 12 years old as it has a lot of fruity influence and seems to be more adult then other similar old ones.
For its young age quite adult. If I compare to the 11y LMDW it is much better balanced and seems to be much longer matured even in fact it is just one year. You have cocoa powder so quite dry but also pepper and plums giving it some fruity influence.
Very nice and full of sherry fruits and dark pepper - oranges, apricots, milk chocolate, cocoa again, raisins
The finish is good and semi-long and gives this dram a nice finish.