- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Bourbon Barrel Reserve
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- American, Spanish Oak & New Charred Finish
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L32B 4777 3108 1532
- Bottled for
- United States Exclusive
- Added on
- 01 Oct 2015 2:29 pm by mds51
20 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
167 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 14-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.37 points
- Nose is at first quite unimpressive, does need some time to develop. Nice and heavy influence of bourbon casks. Vanilla, a little grassy, barley, some herbs, green apples, floral. Really fine dramI found this bottle for under € 50 in Switzerland after buying two bottles last year in the US - so to me this is a reasonable price for a 14yo old Single Malt
- This is very interesting. I had a bottle about a year ago and found it to be sweet (more than malty sweet). However, this one is a little different. The nose is rather unimpressive with hints of vanilla and grist. However, the palate comes alive. Ginger is a big component. Cinnamon pudding. This is dessert like. I think I'll go have another one. :)
- This wasn’t bad at all. Nothing amazing, but the first fill bourbon works really well with the light fruity character of the Glenfiddich distillate for a pleasant, soft daily drinker.
Peaches. Woody vanilla. Barley cream. Cooked pears. Light coconut. Banana flavoring.
Woodspice. Salted caramel. Apples. Oak chips. Tingling white pepper on the swallow.
Short. Woodspice, pears and wood tannins and the a few creamy sweet notes.
- N: vanilla, apples, pears, citrus, estery compounds
P: gentle, sweet, slightly pepery, creamy
F: warm, long, gingery and some peper
C: Class and this one devellops over time
Fruity, apples. Sweet, vanilla, floral, clear bourbon influences.
Fruity and sweet, honey, vanilla. Best full flavor, some spicy also, cinnamon.
Bourbon-like aftertaste, vanilla, sweet, very light pepper, wood tones.