- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Bourbon Barrel Reserve
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- American, Spanish Oak & New Charred Finish
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L32B 4777 3108
- Bottled for
- United States Exclusive
- United States
- Added on
- 01 Oct 2015 2:29 pm by mds51
22 × in wishlist
78 × member ratings
234 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 14-year-old
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.30 points
- Nose is at first quite unimpressive, does need some time to develop. Nice and heavy influence of bourbon casks. Vanilla, a little grassy, barley, some herbs, green apples, floral. Really fine dramI found this bottle for under € 50 in Switzerland after buying two bottles last year in the US - so to me this is a reasonable price for a 14yo old Single Malt
- I am now convinced that scotch does bourbon better. An unassuming all-star.
Pungent, aromatic, bourbon nose, fully fruity, juicy Glenfiddich pear, peach iced tea mix, sour Granny Smith apple, honey, vanilla, caramel, delicious.
Fruity, spicy then sweet, hints of cola, cinnamon, syrupy and layered development.
Medium, drying, woody, lingering, apple juice, cinnamon, and more pears.
- Give this whisky time to open!
Vanilla custard, heather honey, lemon, peach, sawdust, orange, melon, banana and apricot.
Baked apple, lemon zest, orange, tropical fruit, apricot, oak, ginger, cinnamon, nuts, chili pepper and a hint of salt
Medium, dry, oak, nuts, cinnamon, chili peppers, baked apple, orange peel and salted peanuts
- like it a lot
a vanilla caramel bomb
a real bourbon barrel sow
Easy drinking malt
wonderful nose, vanilla !! becomes more, pear, peach ?, furniture polish, flowery, light leather, coconut, brown sugar, apple (turned brown), becomes spicy, light caramel, sweetness, light oak, malt
soft and silky on the palate
Vanilla and caramel but good !!!, pear again and other light fruits, light oak, a little malt, first sweet then becomes slightly bitter and spicy, pastries, brown sugar
sweet, apple turned brown, slightly dark malt, slightly fruity (first light then dark fruits), spicy
- Fragrance: soft bourbonneus, orange, honey, heather, almond, vanilla, tobacco and cedar
Flavour: honey, orange, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cedarwood, hay,
Finish: creamy, almond, orange and mint.
Delicious summer whisky.
- Nose: Subtle hints of vanilla. Sweetness of sugar and fruit. Oaky as expected from a bourbon cask.
Palate: Sweet and smoky. Vanilla and caramel with some orange notes. Oaky taste is pleasant.
Finish: Longer than expected. Sugary sweetness lingers with some vanilla trailing behind.
Overall Score: 81. Deliciousness as expected from a Glenfiddich, admittedly a personal favorite. Sweetness goes a long way for me and this has a perfect blend of hearty and delicate flavor. I was gifted this bottle a few years ago by a Scottish friend and I’ll always be happy they introduced me to Glenfiddich.
- Different from the standard profile of for instance the 15-years-old with more surprises and a bit more depth and substance. I particularly liked the waxiness. At times it lacked a bit of balance for me, since appeared slightly wacky with a peculiar taste of perfume.
Sweet nose with plenty of citrus fruits, fudge and straw. Citrus sweets and orange-flavoured white chocolate. There a mineral, grassy site behind these smells. More caramel fudge to complete a round nose. A few additions with citrus butter, butter cake, and more lemon. Water balances the nose slightly more between the citrus and grasses. Water turns it more into fragrant roses, orange soda and citrussy fudge.
Reasonable spirit-y taste with lots of grassy orange sweets, floral notes and tannins. It is leaving the mouth very dry. Quite unusual and not something I found this extreme in a whisky. I get grapefruit, lime stone, water melon, tangerine juice and wood. The tannins tend to block the aftertaste. Some water improves the palate and makes it much less dry. More oranges, tangerines, and in particular pineapples juice. I also find some rose water and slightly sour milk and a bit of wax. Water makes it more pleasant, better balanced and more fragrant. Aftertaste contains perfume-y, mineral notes with orange-flavoured water, lime soda and melon juice.
Sweet apple juice. Caramel, pear, coconut, banana and honey.
Vanilla, pear, nuts, grass and caramel.
Vanilla, caramel, pear and almond.