- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- The Fishes of Samoa
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Number of bottles
- 56.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Joint bottling with ART Taiwan
- Added on
- 30 Sep 2015 1:21 pm by Bachess
6 × in wishlist
76 × member ratings
59 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Grant 1990 Arc
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.77 points
- 22.5-22-22.5-22, excellent profile and grant style) and the time of year is right
- Cereals lemon vanilla and honey, a bit bland.
- 20 21 20 20, sad ....
- N20 P20 F21 B20
- Grassy, spritzy, thin, sweet (artificial sugar, not the fruity kind)... it's drinkable, but not my thing.
- Note by Serge Valentin from whiskyfun.com:
Glen Grant 1990/2015 (56.6%, Archives, hogshead, cask #15230, 231 bottles) Colour: light gold. Nose: a sharper, less vanilla-ed one, but it’s still easy and fruity malt whisky. Many tined fruits, such as peaches, pears, apricots, perhaps even bananas, covered with a light honey-and-vanilla sauce and a little barley water. Plain easiness, despite the strength. With water: caramelised Gueuze and tarte tatin. Mouth (neat): classic fruity Speysider, with pears and apples and white cherries (there) and a little honey. Plus a little bubblegum and sweet hoppy beer, IPA-style. With water: caramel, caramelised peanuts, apple pie. Finish: medium, maltier, with a little citrus, which is good. Comments: modern style, not a very wide and complex profile, and this might even be the ‘simplest’ kind of expression of malt whisky, but it’s very good indeed. What’s more, it swims very well. Average in the better sense of that word. SGP:551 - 84 points.