- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 12
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 54.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Sep 2015 11:20 am by Cipidos
14 × in wishlist
69 × member ratings
115 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1995
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.06 points
- Nose: Powerful, plums, dates, dried figs, wood varnish, balsamic vinegar, pepper, sherry
Palate: Sweet / bitter attack, dried fig, dates, plums, dry rasps, orange marmalade, oaky
Finale: Orange, dark chocolate, dates, dried fruits, woody bitterness
Sherry bomb well done
- For me this dram is a bit dryer and bitter than I would really love it. Nevertheless we have here a great dram which is very complex and giving a lot of dirty but also some dry fruity elements. Very well done!
With water: Not recommended as it kills the dram and not opening additional elements.
The alcohol is tickling the nose. more dirty notes so bacon, barbecue and pepper which is more than the sweet fruity sherry influence as you might know from Sherry Casks.
The taste is sweeter more like an apricot liquor but not giving the fruity palate. It is more sugar liquor with some pepper influence. Still dirty!
sweet and dry sherry finish with pepper and a bit oaky bitterness. Lovely!
- Batch 12 contains the following bottles:
1972 cask 706
1990 cask 1375
1994 cask 3273
1994 cask 3398
1995 cask 444
1995 cask 3806
1995 cask 4034
2003 cask 934
2004 cask 5524
- Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Sugared almonds, chewy raisins and a touch of chilli chocolate.Palate: Lots more chocolate here, with simmering spices alongside. It shows off its oak-y character here too.Finish: Cinnamon spices persist.