- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Private Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 52.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Added on
- 22 Sep 2015 7:29 am by Cerebrum
2 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
66 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran 2000
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.58 points
- Tasting it all over again two years later... Not so much smoke than originally but a very long sweet finish, does not end in the mouth... Just great stuff. Love it
- Arran 15 yo 2000/2015 (52.7%, OB for independentspirit.de, sherry hogshead, cask #2000/256, 307 bottles) Colour: gold. Nose: creamy and cake-y, with a lot of butterscotch, biscuits, maple syrup, apple crumble, and then a little moist pipe tobacco and humus. That is very nice. With water: a tiny wee touch of sulphur that is soon to vanish in the air, then an unexpected medicinal side, ala Laphroaig. Drops of antiseptic? Very nice and quite fresh. Mouth (neat): all very perfect, this is almost a Linzertorte, but let’s not forget all the vanilla, peach jam, and panettone. Faint leafiness in the background. With water: rather perfect, with many cereals and many jams, plus this wee Laphroaigness again. Where does that come from? Finish: medium, very fine, slightly mentholy. Verbena and a little earth in the aftertaste. Comments: super good and rather intriguing, as they say in brochures. SGP:552 - 86 points.
warm apple, drying fruit, nuts and herbs, creamy and slightly exotic, a touch of camp fire smoke
creamy-oily, dry, spicy, caramel, a slightly tart fruity note, a little banana, a little sherry; comes strong
medium to long with a lasting light smokiness, soft and mild
- Little bit of smoke in the nose, well balanced, mouth watering... Immediately fills up your mouth, some tropical fruits, subtle dry Sherryness with a looooong finish... Very Nice Arran.
- Official Text on the back: "This 2000 distillation has been aged for over fifteen years in Sherry hogshead number 2000/256 and represents one of the finest examples of the Arran malt. The cask was specially selected by independentspirit.de and captures the perfect harmony between the Arran Malt and Sherry Oak, providing a delicious spiciness coupled with a whiff of smoke."
- a very nice round whisky. For me it smells strongly of baked apple with a nice sherry note mild on the finish.
- Notable long finish, but I can not find any trace of sherry.
A little smoke, menthol and some alcohol. Needs time in the glass ... baked apples with a hint of cinnamon and caramel sauce. Honey?!?
Full on with a light tartness of passion fruit and cherries. Very oily mouthfeel with caramel, malt and spices like pepper. The whole paired with some smoke and floral notes. Interesting!!!
Long with a strong nutmeg nut and some smoke. Slightly warming.