- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 61.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 10 Sep 2015 7:23 am by squaadgras
35 × in wishlist
121 × member ratings
220 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2004 vW
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.57 points
- Very nice one!
Heavy, sticky sweetness. Sherry with fading cigar smoke. Fudge. Saw dust. Dry peat moss. Not much alcohol.
Thick. Warm. Hot entry, gentle in the mouth. Dades. Brine. Sherry.
Long but gentle burn. Salmiak.
- I won !! 1! again a Ledaig from the sherry barrel. Cool again. I like it. Ledaig, Sherry and 60% + ... that just fits.
- Interestingly, sometimes the sherry is stronger, sometimes weaker, too much peat for me.
Tobacco, peat, vanilla, beautiful sherry fruit notes, roasted hazelnuts, plums, tar, raisins
Peat is very sweet with strong oiliness, sherry fruits in the background, berries buried in soil, fireplace ash, salt, citrus notes also there
Medium to long, dry-earthy, warmth and sweetness remain, some sherry in the background
- Boom! Cooked fruits, sulfur! Intense ! It's a Uberach? Smoke and barley join them. Cold ashes, now. And pepper. On the palate: Monin ash syrup! It's coming out! And this peppery malt. What intensity!