8 × in wishlist
148 × member ratings
330 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour A'bunadh batch #52
32 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.82 points
- This one really need some water required to fully come to it's right, and then it's really amazing..!! Exeptional quality and balance, for me a similar level / same quality as #49..! Recommended!
- Nose: shoe polish and wood filler paste, dades, figs, cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg and chili spices.
Taste: very bold, everything at once - figs, all kinds of dried fruits, cinnamon, sherry sweetness, dark chocolate. Also there's a clear harshness which could be contributed to the very high ABV, but I'm getting a clear impression that there's a lot of (very) young whisky being used for this.
Furthermore a very long finish with dark chocolate, almonds, toffee notes and a nutmeg like spiciness.
Overall a very full tasting flavour bomb which steers away a bit to much from what I consider great whisky. It's good but could use some finesse instead of just punching me in the face.
- Tasted at The Spirit of Maastricht. I had the impression that it's a little sharper than earlier batches I've tried, but I haven't been able to compare them head-to-head yet.
Raspberry, orange, chili, caramel and apple.
Cherry, cranberry and caramel.
Toffee and nutmeg.
- Had this on in a h-3-h with batch 47 en 49. This 52 is more similar to the 47, but more quiet and polished. Overall these A'Bunadh are pleasant as always.
Fruity, some darker red fruits, prunes, some leather, shoepolish, then spicy as well, cinnamon. Only less influence of alcohol, later on a bit lighter.
Pretty smooth, only a little tingling. Red fruits, berries, prunes, some honey, raisins, later on more powerful.
Now a little more tingling, but suprisingly drinkable for an Abv of >60%. Red fruits, some leather, milk chocolate now a little. Long finish.
- IWC 2018 Whisky of the Year
Aberlour A’Bunadh Batch 52
- Good, but only with water. 83 points.
Nutty, sprightly sherry bomb. Dried fruits. Water : Vanilla and dark toast with water.
Nut, alcohol, fruit.
Water : Now only something really comes around (apart from the alcohol). Trail mix, juicy oranges, plums, raisins. Chocolate and coffee.
Long, dry, nutty.
- Small Batch, 100% first fill Oloroso Sherry Casks, Cask Strength! - still the best buy on the market when it comes to sherry bombs!
Alcohol strength is obvious, needs a good breathe to open. Ahhh there we go, sweet and fruity, has a smell of jam with chocolate. Caramel, a warm Christmas cake with dates, figs, marzipan. With water comes in some rubber. Bicycle handle bars and some tyres. Throw in a little burnt sugar and there goes a great nose!
Fruity, strawberries on the tongue with some added hints of sweet raspberries. Mouth-watering deliciously sweet and rich. Sweet and spicy, plenty of cinnamon and ginger here with those dates and figs from the palate making a reappearance.
Like Duracell it keeps going and going. Warming with lots of chocolate and spice.