13 × in wishlist
153 × member ratings
437 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2008
31 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.66 points
- 25ml sample.
- 21 + 22 + 22 + 21 = 86 ~ Already a lot of burnt wood in the aftertaste, and so very much the ringing molt
- Smoky milk chocolate
- Again, there is a lot of potential, but still too young ...!
[Color] wheat straw;
Sweetness, citrus aromas, green apples, salt, some smoke;
fruity onset, herbs, spice (pepper), increasing smoke aromas, distinct metallic youth;
short to medium-long citrusy finish;
- Unfortunately, he leaves something behind in the finish, but otherwise a nice young Islay smoker.
Clear smoky note, slightly greasy. Green apple and some lemon. Fresh grass cut. No overbearing, but no boring nose. Over time, the smoke will increase in intensity. Now with eraser abrasion and warm tar, salt and seaweed. Maritime.
Dry onset with clear smoke and lemon. A woody note leaves a dry feeling on the tongue. On the one hand slightly sweetened mandarins, on the other hand tart herbs. Nutmeg, pepper. Some hay.
Even if the smoke lasts long, the finish is rather short, while dry and lemony.
- Pleasant bourbon Kilchoman.
Peat, camphor, earth, moss, vanilla, carpentry workshop and citruses.
Creamy. Peat, caramel, fruits, pepper and matured oak.
Long, spicy, oaky.
- Burning rubber, thinner, metal chips, medicines, burnt wood, hay, salted potato chips, smoked lard, smoked red fish, black pepper, fried sunflower seeds, peanuts in chocolate, banana.