- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Refill Sherry + Refill & New Bourbon Casks
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Nov 2007 11:04 pm
24 × in wishlist
124 × member ratings
395 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich 3D Mòine Mhòr
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.17 points
- OMG, a monster on the peat and smoke flavor. The nose will burn the hairs out. Lots of oak and vanilla as it tappers off toward the finish. Not much available on the shelves any more. Those of us who have it around still, enjoy it!
- Immediately recognizable as Laddie through the light muff, the smoke hides the sherry influence well, but you notice the whisky but its youth, the smoke can not hide. But that does not really bother me. Still tasty.
immediately smoke and cowshed, light muff and malty, a bit bitter, herbs, freshly baked caramel and some dark forest honey
strong onset, a bit bitter and herbs, malty, dry smoke, some ashes in between always a little brown sugar, then cereal bowls
There is still smoke here, then tannins from the young oak and some sherry
slightly grassy, sweet grain, peat,
nuts, salty sea breeze
peat, salt, smoke, cream, grass
medium-long, smoky bitter, peat, vanilla
sweetness, mineral water freshness at the back
Peat smoke, fresh, nutty, creamy, oily
Peat smoke, fruity (lemons, grapefruit), delicate
Medium long, smoky, sweet, fruity
- nice stuff!! strong peat and smoke at the beginning and to the end more and more vanilla and oak. Giving it some time during nosing and drinking always helps a lot for me with Bruichladdich
- "The second edition of Bruichladdich`s 3D series, Moine Mhor is Gaelic
for `big peat`. As with the other bottlings in the 3D range, this has
been vatted from three different types of Bruichladdich spirit, ranging
from older, lightly-peated Bruichladdich distilled before Jim McEwan
& Co. took over the distillery, through to young, heavily peated
whisky that distilled for the Port Charlotte bottling s."
Fresh and crisp, great balance. 'Laddie' signature fruit salad notes. Oily, nutty, malty.
Solid note of peat, great balance, citric acidity, zest.
Medium length, oak development, subtle peat, tannins.