- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Yellow Label
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Alleinimport Epikur GmbH Koblenz
- Added on
- 16 Aug 2015 4:49 pm by Loch Lochy
0 × in wishlist
5 × member ratings
4 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Early Times NAS
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.00 points
- Had this ome at the Limburg Festival in 2016.
First very typical bourbon nose with a lot of glue (Bisonkit), when left alone, there is off course vanilla and dried fruits.
Dried fruit and spices,
Mouthdrying and bitter, but allright.
- A brand with a long history dating back to 1860. At some time Early Times was one of the best-selling brands in the U.S. Nowadays produced in Brown-Forman's distillery in Shively (DSP-KY-354). When this whiskey was distilled Early Times was still a premium bourbon in the U.S. Things changed in the 1980's when it was decided that Early Times would remain a quality bourbon for the export market, but a bottom-shell whiskey in the U.S.
Flowery notes with light vanilla notes. Gingerbread. A little honey. Later followed with grassiness. Some soap
Now more fruity sweetness of apricot and peach. Later on more on cherries and strawberries. Also hints of butterscotch and polished wood. Cedar oak. Raisins.
Medium long. Truckloads of cinnamon. Burnt caramel. A little ginger. Not complex, but pleasant and dangerously drinkable whiskey.