8 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
77 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 1999 GM
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.12 points
- Slightly peaty and pleasant, but drunk together with Ardbeg Uigeadail it is eclipsed by the latter.
- Tasted this whisky at a tasting session at Passie voor Whisky on the 5th of May 2018.
meaty, peaty, on taste some grainfiller and ash. not bad!
earthy funk, vegetal peat, cream, light butter, musk, burnt grass, smoke
cream, light fruits, neutral sweetness, bitter, smoke, spicy, butter, grass, earth
short-medium, spicy, hay, grains, cream, nuts, smoke, buttery cream at the back followed by nuts, almonds and smoke
Dirty. Peat, white grape, lime, malt, apple, white chocolate and eucalyptus.
Peat, apple, bread, white grape, 7Up and a little caramel.
Peat, toffee, apple, eucalyptus and white chocolate.
- I like this crystal-clear Ledaig profile, without any off-notes. add 05.11.17 btw. except the Ledaig-specific ones which are inherent ;-)
- Nose: Typical Ledaig: farmhouse smoke, honey, vanilla, apricot.
Palate: Smoke, apricot. Pretty sweet.
Finale: Slight bitterness, always present smoke.
Verdict: Pretty sweet, I would have leaned for a refill Sherry. Not bad, the reduction is well controlled.
- Although only drinking strength, the Malt comes quite strong. Pleasant to drink, almost tasty, but still missing something.
green and steamed apples, apple compote, citrus fruits, a little pear and herbs, some smoked meat and a cheese or farm note, harbor air, bandage material (but decreases significantly in the air)
rather thin and fresh, light chocolate, fruits (rather exotic, a little banana), finest sea salt, sweet, comes after the first moments peppery and smoky backwards
long and rather strong, but also not very meaningful; a bit ashy (very fine) and cozy smoke, pleasant and warming, later sweeter (as a sugary sweetness) and reserved fruity