- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice
- Refill American Hogsheads
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Map Label
- Bottle code
- 24/03/15 150279
- Added on
- 14 Aug 2015 3:54 pm by RoyC
9 × in wishlist
61 × member ratings
84 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 1999 GM
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.19 points
- Slightly peaty and pleasant, but drunk together with Ardbeg Uigeadail it is eclipsed by the latter.
- Tasted this whisky at a tasting session at Passie voor Whisky on the 5th of May 2018.
meaty, peaty, on taste some grainfiller and ash. not bad!
earthy funk, vegetal peat, cream, light butter, musk, burnt grass, smoke
cream, light fruits, neutral sweetness, bitter, smoke, spicy, butter, grass, earth
short-medium, spicy, hay, grains, cream, nuts, smoke, buttery cream at the back followed by nuts, almonds and smoke
Dirty. Peat, white grape, lime, malt, apple, white chocolate and eucalyptus.
Peat, apple, bread, white grape, 7Up and a little caramel.
Peat, toffee, apple, eucalyptus and white chocolate.
- I like this crystal-clear Ledaig profile, without any off-notes. add 05.11.17 btw. except the Ledaig-specific ones which are inherent ;-)
- Nose: Typical Ledaig: farmhouse smoke, honey, vanilla, apricot.
Palate: Smoke, apricot. Pretty sweet.
Finale: Slight bitterness, always present smoke.
Verdict: Pretty sweet, I would have leaned for a refill Sherry. Not bad, the reduction is well controlled.