- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Barrel - Sherry Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sherry Cask
- Number of bottles
- 47.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 30 Jul 2015 7:10 pm by Odessit
2 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balvenie 15-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.18 points
- Very nice balanced whisky with some good dynamics in heat and sweetness. Clearly a sherry based whisky in line with the age. Very appealing!Score 86-88
Medium impact nose. Sweetness (dried fruits, plums), spices, wood, whiff of smoke. Very appealing.
Sherry (dried fruits) followed by spices (pepper, nutmeg?, vanilla). Warming mouthfeel. Good complexity and balance. Smooth and a bit creamy.
Long finish, some heat (spice) followed by sweetness (raisins, honey) with a whiff of (fire)wood. Ending slightly dry.
- Not really spectacular. No € 100 worth in any case
Dry fruit, raisins, wood, nuts. Wipe cleaner but not annoying
Clear sherry whisky, soft but just a bit sour. Caramel / burned sugar. Figs, wood, leather and nuts.
Taninnes, raisins, wood.
- Local Liquorstore tasting by Maxxium Nederland
Nose: Raisins, nuts and warm spices. A good sherrycask. Some milk chocolate.
Taste: Matches the nose. Spices, and chocolate covered raisins. Mouthcoating, but still mild. Would love this at CS.
Finish: Long, peppery spices and a hint of smoke.
Could be +2 or 3 points with a higher ABV.