5 × in wishlist
133 × member ratings
281 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Finlaggan Old Reserve VM
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.40 points
- Blind tasted on 05-13-2021.
- Smoky whisky.
- A peaty whisky with a long aftertaste.
- A peaty whisky. Nice taste with long after taste..
- Peaty without subtility.
- Simple young smoker, but drinkable, probably from the Caol Ila distillery. Tastes at least in the direction. A little more alcohol and maturation would have been good for him.
Sweet phenolic smoke, a vegetable note, vanilla, some molasses and a hint of creamy toffee
dry smoke, pepper, sweet vanilla, menthol, some citrus and slightly earthy
fading smoke and a little vanilla transfer into young tannins, with an ashy undertone and also slightly earthy here
- No high flyer, but certainly for a very low price. Very tasty Islay whisky (Lagavullin?).
Smoky, peaty, but not predominant. Ash, light sweetness, vanilla, honey
Light pepper, some citrus, vanilla, apple,
Slightly smoky, citrus, caramel, vanilla.
- This is not a towering whisky. But you can not ask for the price. If you are looking for a serviceable Islay for in between or want to fill a hip flask with friends for a hike, you are well served here. In the evening with the necessary peace and comfort may `s like to be something better. Basically, this Finlaggan smells quite unspectacular and on the palate, nothing remains complex. For some smoke with a medium long finish. So there's a lot worse.
Smoky, a little one-dimensional but at least medium long