Threeland 2011

TWSF 001/2011
24 Jul 2015 9:40 am by Tom na Gruagaich
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Threeland 2011

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 60.75 points

1. Albaron scored this whisky 55 points Specialist

Way too young. Strong alcohol, the sherry is completely beaten to death. This grain / hay / grass note is very dominant. I have no whisky feeling
      Hay, grass, some alcohol, solvents, glue, sweet, coconut, mountain pine, powdered sugar
    • Taste
      strong start, here also the hay / grass note, lots of alcohol, sweetness, a hint of sherry in the background, dry, very artificial
      this alcohol / schnapps note remains, even the hay

2. Marko_I did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

still the "most normal" of my so far 3 tried Threelands (+ Port & 6Y), but also no revelation, interesting somewhere to have tasted it, but not interesting or good enough to want to have a bottle of it Edit: Nachtwerkung 3 weeks later - Again, he cuts off as the best of the trio, but like his colleagues, he does not get better at the second attempt. In the above description add some glue, solvents, artificial fruitiness, chocolate in the direction of bitter shifting ... beautiful is different.
    I do not like distilling a distillery, and considering the few descriptions so far, I have a bit of a bad conscience writing this, but the 3 threelands I've tried (2x) have been (compared to several other DA-CH whiskys ) THE shot in the oven. Is it up to me, is it the whisky? No idea, but I think I am otherwise fair and very open to "other", interesting and funky whisky. But Threeland and I will not be friends for now.
      As with the port colleague, it starts with glue, but not so pleasant, slightly biting, dark chocolate, Sachertorte, with a little water fresh cherries, redcurrants, blue plums, but beware, is quickly "drowned"
    • Taste
      too spicy, needs water first ... dark chocolate with grapefruit, fruit cake, spicy-bitter oak, ginger sharpness
      long, spicy, bitter

3. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 75 points Connoisseur

The sherry entry is discreet, I think that's good. The Brennereicharakter remains. Unfortunately he does not convince me yet.
      diagonal, hair spray, the beautiful honey notes are back, a fruity sweetness, but anytime you think you have the aroma, the hairspray component comes into play. Too bad. With water the strange note becomes a little more differentiated. I smell more fruits, lemon zest and a slightly acidic component. Like sweet quark. The nose is very idiosyncratic and can not convince me yet.
    • Taste
      very strong, alcoholic, at first fruity sweet, then come the Sherry notes, raisins, some toffee, oak. With water, the whisky is a bit harsher, I hardly find the Sherrynoten again.
      long on raisins, toffee and oak, accompanied by some honey and the grape seeds that are typical for me Threeland.