- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask for WIN
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- Ex-Bourbon Cask
- Number of bottles
- 61.7 % Vol.
- 50 ml 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Whisky Import Nederland
- Added on
- 15 Jul 2015 3:03 pm
5 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
55 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2008
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.27 points
- Sweet nose, vanilla, caramel, ashes, yellow fruits, time and a dilution to express themselves fully. Mouth very oily, covering, on lemon and gentian. Alcohol is very well integrated. Long and warm final. Good mouth but the nose is below.
- straw color, austere nose on cold ashes, leather, rubber, with more water on licorice. Mouth more greedy, very big scale, powerful, well integrated alcohol, vanilla, peat, lemon, classic. Very nice length, iodized and ashy finish.
- This is a no nonsense Islay, amazingly well made and at 5 years old really reeks of peaty goodness. I'm really excited to see where this distillery goes.
Dirty earthy peat, rubber, wet tar, lychees, craft glue, fresh summer rain. Some soapy and sugary fruit notes come forward with some water.
Sticky tar, dirt and peat, wet gravel, a bit of nail polish but in a nice way. Water brings a bit more of the young cereal notes through. Very nice.
Warm meaty smoke, herbal peat, some cereals, very very long.
- Not an easy product, it's young and powerful. maybe a sherry finish would have softened all that ... To retest and to renot with more ventilation
Fine peat, medicinal plants and a little lemon. With water, the ashes are more marked and the whole seems "heavier".
Well integrated alcohol, we do not feel 61.7%. The texture is slightly oily, on plants, peat, a little citrus. The texture is creamier with water.
Earth, ashes, plants. It is quite austere.
- N: meaty, salty, pepper and silver onion
T: earthy, pepper, liquorice, seaweed and peat
F: ashes, pepper and sour cream
tasted with DH17 dramclub