- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch - Wheat Whiskey
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 15 Jul 2015 11:56 am by Norbs
one in wishlist
12 × member ratings
35 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bernheim Original 07-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.00 points
- Smell is rich with sweet notes of fruits, corn and a little bit salt. Taste is very great, oily, with notes of corn and iodine. Finish is long and smooth.
- Smell: sweet, malty, red fruit, spicy Taste: soft, toffee, spicy Finish: fairly short sweet spicy aftertaste. Tasted during BOL-tasting of Norbert 22-02-2017
- A beautifully matured, but not very meaningful fire. The oak has the word, the Wheat is only means of transport and brings in my opinion only a few flavors in the whiskey. But the nose is great.
At first a bit reserved, then a puff of slightly sour oak, nutmeg, cloves. Gets sweeter with time. Sweet oak notes, spices and some light fruit, you hardly notice the age and the soft alcohol behind it.
Bitter-sweet, a lot of oak, spices, little fruit or other aromas from the fire. The mouthfeel is very soft
Slightly peppery, otherwise oak, slightly dusty, some bitterness stays behind
Warm, sweet, buttery, toast, salty, spicy, cooked fruit, cherries
Oily, creamy, sweet, stewed fruit, nutty, mint
Long, sweet, dry, spicy