101 × in wishlist
999 × member ratings
3143 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist
47 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.23 points
- One of the great Ardbegs. Fruity and spicy. Vanilla, salt and peat in a lovely combination.
- The colour is lightly gold. The nose is lightly peated with notes of salt, white fruits, creosote, grass, seaweeds, vanilla, cocoa, oak, perfume and dust. The palate is peaty, salty and spicy with notes of creosote, pepper, oak, white fruits, salt and seaweeds. The finish is long, peaty and spicy with notes of creosote, white fruits, vanilla and oak. This Ardbeg is a very good balanced, smooth and peaty whisky. I like it! I gave 88 points!
- 350 bucks for a mediocre whisky, you are kidding me.
It's quite good with some medium peat influence.
Nice vanilla notes. Some hay and quite mineral, salty, mossy. Kinda zesty which makes interesting and lively. Not all that expressive. Needs a bit of work.
Intense iodine note in the arrival, underlined by fruity notes. A little dusty. Strong earthy/herbal notes follow. Then extreme salt and roots towards the end.
Certainly long on vanilla, pepper and herbs. Very sharp aftertaste.
- My favourite Ardbeg to date. A sublime whisky that does everything just right and is understandably a classic.
Very well-integrated. Soft and gentle smoked bacon, a hint of rubber, some peat, but also seaweed, some molasses and a salty sea air-quality. Now there's fruit too. Pineapple, oranges and bananas. Gorgeous.
Barbecue smoke, gentle peat, and marshmellow with brine and milk chocolate. Also sal ammoniac, liquorice and a pinch of salt. Big, bold, yet restrained and with lots of subtleties. Does that make sense? It doesn't... I'm sorry.
Peat, cigar tobacco, brine. Long!
- [April, 2007] I emptied a bottle together with friends that I bought for 60 Euro in April, 2007.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 90. My notes state a complex and rich modern Ardbeggish profile with no flaws. Very quaffable (if you are in for the serious peaty stuff...).
- popcorn with nice butter and a lot of salt, nice sweet arbegian smoke,sweet pears, some butter candies,nice vanilla pipe tobacco, a bit dry, some paraffin