- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Morrison and MacKay (MMcK)
- Bottling serie
- Càrn Mòr - Strictly Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 2 Hogsheads + Port Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 30 Jun 2015 6:43 pm by Gonathras
0 × in wishlist
5 × member ratings
10 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Auchroisk 1999 MMcK
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.67 points
- Auchroisk 15yo 1999, Carn Mor Strictly Limited 46%. Pale yellow. Aroma is quite oak-led, slightly vegetal, putty, sawdust a bit papery and over-oaked, some carpet underlay. Hmm. Taste is quite watery up front but then builds. It's not underpowered at all and actually builds to a massive rough aggressive peat and salt hit - like drinking barbed wire. Pretty one-dimensional on the whole - there are barley notes followed by salty spirit and steely, abrasive metallic peat. Interesting but perhaps not quite my thing.
- Nice, pleasant, spicy sweetness. Some vanilla, almonds, black pepper, fruit (peach?), thick syrup and honey. The port cask finish is clear, and I'm glad it wasn't in it for longer. Just the right amount of port influence for my taste. The finish is its weakest link, as it's not much more than syrupy sweetness laced with some black pepper. But very pleasant and delicious, and absolutely no offnotes.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's sweet and delicious, just not very complex.