- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 Jun 2015 9:45 am by wacher
2 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
21 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Brenne Cuvée Spéciale
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 65.60 points
- Strange stuff. Does not taste in the vicinity of any other whisky I have tasted. A sweet, diluted almost artificial fruit flavor. Some malt, vanilla and spices in the background.
- Very hard to judge, because there's not much to compare it to.
Shy and fruity with a malty touch and whiffs of aniseed. The fruity notes (peach, banana) are somewhat artificial and candy-esque, not unlike bubblegum.
Not good. Sweet cough syrup and strawberry flavoured tooth paste for kids. It's funky, but not the good kind. There are some spices lingering in the background and there's even a touch of raisins.
Rather tannic and spicy. Medium in length.
- Does it taste like a standard whisky? No. Is it an interesting experience? Absolutely! It tastes like the perfect blend of a mild single malt whisky, creme brulee, and absinthe. It drinks more like an apartif than a sipping whisky.
- A waste of alcohol, horrible taste, don't want to drink it again.
Plastic, very cheap and unhealty candy, bubblegum with a 'fruit' flavour. Cleaning soaps with chemical scent.
Bubblegum, Fruittella, cheap liqueur only served at drunken teenager parties.
- On the nose, fruit fruity candies, few spices, a little malt, but a sweet return a little synthetic!
Even though it’s been around since 2012, launched by ex-ballerina Allison Parc, I know nothing about this French single malt and try it blind.
N: Childish notes quickly gather around synthetic peaches, banana liqueur and bubblegum.
T: More fruity bubblegum.
F: Did I mention bubblegum?
C: Is this even whisky? I’m guessing this is around 5-7 years old that has seen some action in some very wet casks. Apparently, it’s all made with a focus on terroir, using local & organic ingredients and aged in French limousin casks - and this is the result. Further reading: drinkbrenne.com
- This tastes like it has not matured in cognac casks, but in those plastic containers with green lemonade concentrate they used to make the artificial tasting over-diluted lemonade when I was a kid....