- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Nov 2007 5:24 pm
26 × in wishlist
114 × member ratings
289 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caol Ila 15-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.58 points
- [October, 2004] I had this dram during an "Islay" special tasting at Bonn.
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. Unfortunately I took no detailed notes except that water improves it a little bit (score 87,5 with water).
- Beautiful, old, round, fruity and full-bodied Caol Ila, who also gives something with his 43%.
- Coastal complexity
Complex: seafood? Fruit, ash, some smoke, medicinal streak.
Fresh oysters, but also lemon juice, peat smoke, ash, some green fruit.
Very pure classical in style and delicious.
- This might be the best of Caol Ila
- The end of a legend, because this bottling is hardly available. A beautiful, soft Caol Ila.