11 × in wishlist
38 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenturret 1986 SV
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.36 points
- A good whisky unfortunately a little imbalanced on alcohol.
not very expressive at first because it is dominated by alcohol. Then come out, leather, spices, some dried fruits, old wood.
Spices take precedence, sweet (cinnamon, orange peel) then more intense on pepper. A small mint kick brings an unexpected freshness in the middle of the mouth. A slight woody sensation appears at the end of the mouth. Alcohol is still present.
Medium, always marked by the biting sensation of alcohol.
- On the nose, malt, dust, fairly new leather, a little diffuse spice and light fruit (creamy lemon and grapefruit!) And vanilla!
fruit, malt, wood, vanilla, fruit return more on lemon, chocolate.
a bouquet in the palace, whose subtleties must be sought until the end.
- Very interesting nose, the taste makes me hard. For cask strength mild.
Fruity, light herbs, tea, a bit of glue (bourbon cask?), Later some sweet (but rather milk chocolate)
Sweet, warming, mild with light spice,
Medium, light spice and again a little sweet
- A well-matured, soft, malty, and slightly grassy dram with no obvious flaws, but it is a bit boring to me. I am at the point where I look for certain flairs in a whisky, and this just doesn't have it. It is very well-priced however, and for that, I commend signatory. One of my favorite indies bottler.
- First review here at Whisky Base....
This is some VERY good material...
You will NOT be disappointed - except for the fact that it is probably all gone...:-)
Happy to say that I had a chance!!
My faith in Signatory at this level is fairly high - no real complaints so far.
Oh - this seemed to take about 30 days to begin to come into its own....