- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Richly Matured
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sherry and Bourbon Cask
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 Jun 2015 12:08 pm by Ras Mazunga
one in wishlist
41 × member ratings
87 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Knockando 1997
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.90 points
- Warm at taste, even if I expected more from a 15 years "richly matured". Good, but a bit flat ending.
Intense,toffee sweet,citrus,heather honey,some creamy nuts.
Smooth,sweet,a little spicy and bitter.Fresh lime juice.
Oily and a little bitterness like dark chocolate, spicy and medium finish.
- Solid Speysider. Yellow fruits, some honey and beautiful, quite strong oak notes.
- Everything is very balanced, nothing dominates. This changes the flavors and the dram is constantly interresting.
Rose marzipan, papaya, mango, some orange blossom, some glue.
Very sweet, vanilla, wood, honey, some red apple.
Medium long, fruity, in the end a bit salty.
Sweet, fruit .. citrus, alcohol, very light sherry, some honey, spicy
oily, soft, spice, herbs, licorice
short, dry, oak
- Nose and taste did not convince. Due to the departure he will surely have his age, about 43%. Guess something like Glenlivet
Vanilla, apples, tangerines, very fruity but not very complex, only later will nougar and malt get through
silky and soft, somehow a little bit of everything but nothing stands out
Age is revealed here. Oak and candy sugar, a few herbs