- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength Collection
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Number of bottles
- 52.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Maison Baelen, De Cluysenaer, The Bonding Dram & Toby Vins
- Added on
- 09 Jun 2015 7:49 am by Bishlouk
3 × in wishlist
12 × member ratings
20 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dailuaine 1997 SV
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.50 points
- pure ripe citrus, oranges, grapefruits, mandarins, clementines, candied zests, pineapples, ripe pears, nice ripe fruit. bigger with water, more mints herbs and earth, deeper and richer, not the sherry notes, but a trace of oiliness to lengthen it and widen it
- Compared with Dailuaine 1982 DD and Dailuaine 1983 AM AM004.
Citrus, floral notes, mandarins and honey. Vanilla, butter scotch and white chocolate.
Floral, citrus, fruity, cooked potatoes, nougat and some spices.
Bitter fruits - orange, some wood smoke, acid and pan cake mix.
- A fresh and fruity Speysider, a suitable dram in sunny weather. Classic, without a real defect, balanced, pleasant.
Fresh green apple first, followed closely by pear and banana peel still green, not ripe. A little sweet malt after aeration.
Fruity and sweet. Vanilla pear, liquid white sugar, and ripe white grapes. The slightly tart green apple appears at times.
Average. Spicy, woody apple peel that dries out your mouth a little.
- Great Dailuaine. Ideal dessert whisky or
Father’s Day present. Swims like a champ. Available for 85 EUR. Recommened. I fear my bottle will not last long…
The nose is wonderfully sweet on
candy sugar and fruit like peach, oranges and a slice of lemon. It offers a
little grass and maybe even some buttercups. Heath
bush! Something that reminds me of bubblegum, but not disturbing in the least. Hint of cinnamon and a pinch of camphor. Nice,
complexe nose that makes my mouth water. With a teaspoon of water it is less
sweet, but more ‘green’. However: suddenly I get some nougat! Nice.
It arrives quite powerfully on
the palate. Great body. Very spicy now (white pepper, ginger and some
liquorice). The fruit is now mostly citrus: lime and white grapefruit. The
buttercups return. Lemongrass? Granny Smith
apples and some green tea towards the end. Nicely warming. Diluted it is
The finish is very long, warm,
spicy and ‘green’, if you know what I mean.