- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Wham bam, thank you ma’am!
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Refill Ex-Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 64.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 18 May 2015 8:32 am by Hvem?
4 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Port Charlotte 2002 SMWS 127.41
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.30 points
- much better than the destillery bottlings. full taste but much smoother. excellent stuff!
- SMWS Tasting Notes
Colour: Ice wine
Flavour Profile: PeatedFire in the first aid box! Beeswax on leather, heather
honey, singed bandages, Germolene and old peat hearth. Fragrant lavender oil
from an incense burner drifted over the top. Sausages and bacon cooked over
charred wood and dried lavender, served with fruity HP sauce and almond toasted
with honey. Water only emphasised more of the same but cleaned up with
shortbread, pistachio Turkish delight, Lux flakes and camphor scented cashmere
jumpers from the chest. To finish, the panel found blackened spare ribs with a
salty, peppery crust and Monin coffee syrup with ...wait for it...more
Drinking Tip: It takes no prisoners and doesn’t like water.
- Wow. This ist Port Charlotte at its best. VERY intensive and pure. Very balanced. One can see, what potential lays in this spirit when its getting older. The nose hits you right in the face and you beg, that this will go on with the palate ... an it does. oily, sweet, peaty ... nuts and fruits ... everything very well balanced. it explodes on the tongue and leaves a very long finish of typical Port Charlotte flavours. use water as you wish .. you cannot drown it. the best PC I tasted so far .. and i tasted a lot! The title of this bottling is an absolute match "Wham bam, thank you ma’am!"
- Wow!!! Why did I leave this SMWS malt in the closet for 5-6 years !! Mega delicious dram :-)
- Punchy and fun PC.
The ABV can be a tad rough, but don't be afraid, there's plenty of medicine to heal you.
Pungent! Strong peat jumping out of the glass while your nose is still two foot away. The high ABV is there, sharp on the nose and tastes a moment to settle.
Medicinal, opening a first-aid box filled with band-aids, elastopasts, iodine and for some reasons, a bottle of lemon juice. Hints of moss and wet grass finish off a cracking nose.
Limes and some brine, lots of herbal notes mixed with the moss from the nose.
Lightly peat smoked herbs. Basil and thyme settling in well for a medium finish.