- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 May 2015 6:21 pm by cavalier66
46 × in wishlist
71 × member ratings
364 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Yamazaki Limited Edition 2015
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.14 points
- Just very average and a bit too safe. How someone has voted this 100 is beyond me!
Oaky, Intense fruity aromas and vanilla
Medium, smooth. Cocoa, vanilla, and fruity. a hint of peppery spiciness
Cocoa and oaky
- N- Initial thick cocoa, develop into scent of burning incense wood
stick. Dust of spices and ashy, gentle and soothing. Lack the depth to
last, turn flat at the tail.
P- Gentle and approachable, chocolate, dark fruits, vanilla and spices. Very "safe" and conservative, balanced.
F- Medium, waxy oak coating, retrained spiciness lingers with touch of brown sugar.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Without question, a good whisky, but not for the price called in my view.
- Nose: very full and rich nose for 43%, light fruit, some strawberry, oak tannins, superimposed by lots of glue, glue remains dominant, sperm (?), Caramel sweetness, black tea, rosehip, leather Taste: sweet, strong, vibrant on the tongue, a lot of oak Finish: medium, fruity, light sweetness, oak, glue Conclusion: is that a blend? So much glue I had so far in any single malt. I can not cope with that, even if he has some interesting moments. Too much oak, too much glue - 84 points
- I had the 2014er a year ago and was thrilled. This one is at least as good, maybe I imagine it's even better. Strong vanilla note, very fruity, by no means young. Yamazaki does not give a damn when it comes to the Limited Editions. I'm looking forward to the 2016 ...
- A limited edition of Yamazaki released in 2015. A perfect daily dram.
While this is a No-Age whisky, Suntory has disclosed the whisky
consists of 3 types of malt: 20-year-old Yamazaki whiskies aged in
sherry casks; 20-year-old Yamazaki whiskies aged in ex-port casks; and a
younger Yamazaki malt matured in Bourbon barrels.
- The strawberry infused nose is fantastic, but the tannins are somewhat overbearing, and while the palate doesn't quite measure up to the nose, it's still very good, with cocoa and cream as counterpoint to the tannins.
This is another Yamazaki that will be well worth holding onto long-term in the hope that the tannins precipitate, like last year's edition.
- 200€..??? whith this money i buy a lovely glendronach sherry 1989/90....not for me...