- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Sherry Casks of Yamazaki, Hakushu, Chita
- Number of bottles
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Peninsula Tokyo
- Added on
- 04 May 2015 8:29 am by spleen
26 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
41 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Suntory The Peninsula Tokyo
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.00 points
- Great sherry whisky, no need to say, just enjoy
- Excellent much better than the infamous Yamazaki sherrys more balanced and refined but everything you can expect from a great sherry cask, candied fruits , figs , toffee chocolate orange marzipan a Christmas cake feast.
- Really 43% abv only? Tastes like cask strength...
Great nose, on the palate pure and clean oak wood at its best - it could have little more sweetness and it would just be perfect. Anyhow this is an excellent whisky.
Very fresh and fruity, oranges, toffee, milk chocolate, great oak and sherry notes - the fruit salad is there - Great!
Very punchy, immediately deep and pure oak wood but not bitter, little sweetness, again toffee, now dark chocolate, espresso - very good
Long and burning, becomes more fruity in the end - again citrus fruits, with oranges, grapefruits and little zesty notes
- Had a dram of this whisky by today @ the peninsula hotel tokyo / peter bar.
Super dram !
You can buy a bottle there for jpy 100.000,00