19 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
120 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Peat Monster Cask Strength CB
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.81 points
- This was a sample courtesy of Peatbogger . I had this late Christmas day and was to pissed to do tasting notes but I know I really , really enjoyed it .
- A masterpiece of a monster. It's more complex than the Octomores I've tasted, and the ABV give it about the same punch.
Compass Box sais the major part of this is Laphroaig, but the initial nose is remarkably similar to Corryvreckan.
It mellows down after a while in the glass.
Briny, salt, seaweed, black smoke and soot.
Some crude oil and varnish as well.
Underneath the more powerfull aromas are a subtle fruity sweetness of over ripe bananas and pears.
ABV is noticable but not overwhelming.
Of course peat here as well. It's hot and spicy. There's dark coco chocolate, cigar tobacco, It's salty and a little bitter.
Long and warming with the hot spices lingering. The dark coco is also persistant and is more prominent as it goes slightly dry at the end.
- I found this well balanced.
Turf foil, smoke, iodine, seaweed, lemon, pineapple, cinnamon, banana and pear.
Lemon, turfo, smoke, medicinal, plaster, salt, tobacco, banana, pear, grapefruit, cinnamon and licorice.
Medium, turfo, lemon, salt, grapefruit, pepper, oak, tobacco, banana and pear.
- sample courtesy of... you guessed it ;) Mr Peatbogger.
i'm completely stunned, never expected this! now i think i will never dare to try the regular peat monster after having had a sample of this. An amazing blend!
- An eye catcher for every house bar...