- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 30 Apr 2015 10:11 am by Amsterdam
18 × in wishlist
256 × member ratings
504 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 08-year-old The Hielan'
63 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.50 points
- surprisingly good considering the age, rather sweet and soft in the mouth, some minor edges but nothing strong... easy drinkable. very good price/value relationship
- A well constructed and tasty whisky, especially if you also consider the price point.
Soft notes of straw, vanilla custard and honey, accompanied by oranges, lemon zest and pencil shavings. After a little while a distinct aroma of freshly cut pear parts.
Nice oily texture with light citrus fruit, butterscotch and subtle spicy notes of cloves and ginger. There's a touch of honey as well. Quite attractive, despite the oaky bitterness.
Subtle red fruits, ginger and pepper.
- hmmm...why should I buy it as long as I can get the far better 12y
barley, pencil shavings, pears and apples, nuts.
substantial attack, a little sharp, creamy mouthfeel, malt, caramel, apples.
- Simple GlenDronach, not very interesting. In this price category the 12 'Original' is a better choice.
Pear, almond and caramel.
Pear, almond, caramel and vanilla.
Pear, apple and caramel.