91.86/100
MoS 15025
Strength
25 Apr 2015 5:10 pm by cadillac

Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig 1990 MoS

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.86 points

1. ASWhisky scored this whisky 92 points Connoisseur

beautiful, how coherent and harmonious this whisky is
    he is just a pleasure
    very intense notes
    blindly I would have expected him more%
    but not typed on Laphroaig
    and here lies my frown ("only" 92 points)
    not without reason a UA
    but a very good one
    the finish is really great
    With a shot more Brennereicharakter he would have been almost perfect Ranking: 1st nose and finish, 2nd mouth

yes! I'm in heaven
      Immediately you have the feeling to be in the barrel
      in an old wet barrel
      there are sherynotes like old dried sherry syrup
      a sourish note like from an empty cucumber barrel
      spicy
      lightly baked plum jam
      and dark caramel
      There is salt on all the odors
      in the background a nice touch of blue lilac
      with sufficient movement, adhesive notes are added
      and fresh wood
      old gum
      malt
      licorice candy
      and then dark cough syrup
      later nutmeg

the notes are heavy, dark, intense,
    • Taste
      Plum jam with nutmeg and sherry is bubbling fiery on the tip of your tongue
      intense spice spreads in your mouth
      Fruits are dark and spicy on the middle of your tongue
      they exude warm desire for more
      a nice feeling
      if cough syrup would taste like that ....
      long and intense
      dark oak
      malty
      a touch bitter
      then seasoning dark and warm
      moist dark wood with sweetness
      You think again of the old cough syrup
      hot dark caramel that is sweet and sticky
      From the fibrous old wood it drips slowly and creamy: sweet and malty

2. ted.striker did not rate this whisky Moderator

[...] to MoS and with the Angel's Choice Laphi the second hatred candidate on the horns (* ka-ching * 15 Euro please). I have to say that I'm a big fan of good sherry Laphis, primarily one of MoS's in recent years: 12041, 14001 and also the FS 007 were absolute grenades, which (apart from pricing the FS 007) fall right into my favorite bag scheme , The hell course of the new bottling in mind, I wanted nothing other than my * never in life, that does not reflect the price performance. Never! * Confirmed. Well. And then we sat there in the gallery, sniffing, still. Probierend. And looking in the eye with such a * watooosh * experience that it rarely has. When we had the tropical god BenRiach 1976 # 731 in the glass in the first regulars rarity tasting, I had one such experience for the last time: I was just blown away. The Laphi came so incredibly horny, making from the nose so great promises that were all redeemed and exceeded on the palate and the finish - I can not put into words. As a broken man, I slipped to MoS after the dram and bagged a bottle. And picked up another drop. And tried again extensively. And sneaked back to MoS and put in 'I take a bottle of it again'. Never before have I bought such a bad conscience for the price of a whisky. But never before have I had such a good filling. Point. The Laphi gets from me the 100 points *. That's the end of any scale. More is not possible. Reference. A dream! [...]

Complete posting: https://regulars.me/blog/2015/05/03/30-regulars-treffen/

3. Kantenmechaniker scored this whisky 95 points Connoisseur

One of my top ten whiskys, actually actually more top 3. Unfortunately I used the chance to buy an entire bottle. Back then, I wasn't ready to spend € 200 for 35cl. Bad mistake :-(
    For me smoke plus sherry in perfection!
      wow, what a board, raisin concentrate, fat sherry, with a clear influence of oak, furniture polish, seasoning, pepper, the nice medium smoke is added, creamy chocolate, espresso, leather, some iodine, also an overtone of sweet red berries, hanuta, light roasted aromas in the background, in combination with minimal sulfur, unobtrusive sulfur is mostly a plus for me personally, also here, over time peppermint is added, here the word complex really applies when I first used it in Limburg in 2015 Once in the glass, I just smelled the first hour through the fair, a dream
    • Taste
      oily, creamy, fat, dark, sherry front comes towards you, again raisin concentrate, with oak, wood, espresso, it sticks to the palate, chocolate, bittersweet, raspberry, light sweetness, the smoke in the mouth is initially rather reserved, ashy, then he gets through more, especially with a second sip, some iodine, leathery, some salt at the tip of the tongue, great mouthfeel, I don't want to add water here, because for me it is so close to perfection, no water , no longer have enough of it to take the risk ;-)
      still intense here, the sherry lasts a long time and now the smoke gives more contradiction, light spice, becoming drier, the mouth is full of aromas, long-lasting and pleasant, from sip to sip better, longer, invites you to linger

4. nallacam scored this whisky 91 points Expert Senior

What a whisky! The power is really incredible, as if the barrel had given up everything to the spirit. Unfortunately, I could not write Notes, so only from memory.
    Had tasted him blind .... Bowmore was my first thought ...
      The pure power. The dark malt lives up to its color. Strong, earthy, malty notes. Salty beef broth, moist leather, a pot of spices, chewed licorice, smoke, smoked bacon, bacon wrapped dates, Oloroso sherry, wet planks in the water ....
    • Taste
      Mouth-filling, full, intense! Beautiful transfer of the aromas from nosing to the mouth. The keg is noticeable with strong round tannins. A sweetness spreads, it becomes warm and pleasant. Umami, hung meat, burned caramel.
      Just long, it does not stop! Fantastic.

5. Eneloop2009 scored this whisky 92 points Connoisseur