- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 760 ml
- 4/5 Quart
- Bottled for
- Frankhof-Kellerei GmbH, Hochheim / Main
- Added on
- 20 Apr 2015 4:40 pm by Ecki86
0 × in wishlist
5 × member ratings
5 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Fitzgerald's 1849 08-year-old
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.00 points
- One can generally tell the bottling year from the bottom of the bottle -- mine has a "77" on the bottom, which denotes that this was bottled around the year 1977, which means this was distilled by Stitzel-Weller.
- My score of 91 is for the 1975 bottling. The first Stitzel-Weller juice I've had, and it is definitely different from current stuff you find nowadays. Smells like old books and incense, yet still quite fresh... I cannot tell if this is because it's SW or if it's because of old bottle effect or a combination of both. The palate is pleasant enough, but could be better if higher proof I'm sure. Anyways, this dram is a bit like a dream to me, soft, ethereal, and oh, so quaffable, if I'm moneyed enough to quaff, that is.
- Just opened my bottle (bottled 1977).
Just wonderful, my friends... a profile that can't be made nowadays by current bourbon distilleries.
Also 91 points.