- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Gran Reserva - Cuban Rum Finish
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Cuban Rum Cask Finish
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L32R 4133 1701
- Added on
- 05 Jul 2007 10:19 pm
14 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
202 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 21-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.85 points
- It was my first whisky with a touch of rum. I like this taste style :)
- Nose 21, taste 22, finish 22, balance 21
- a tad weak and thin due to the low strength, but ideal for single-malt-beginners. Nice dram though, the nose is the best part.
sweet white wine, floral notes, apples and pears. Polished wood and wood spices. Mellow and nice nose
pleasant sweet and bitter; honeyed, fruity and floral framed by a lot of oak. A tad thin. Easy to sip.
medium long on more wood spices (pepper and cinnamon) and bitter grapefruit
- The hint of vanilla, as well as the smooth finish, makes this an `easy drink`.
Consider to combine it with Walker`s shortbreads.
- A replacement for the popular Gran Reserva (itself a replacement for the
Havana Reserve), Glenfiddich 21yo is still finished in rum casks,
although the rum is simply referred to as `Caribbean` after the
unfortunate controversy the old Havana Reserve caused amongst the
- Peculiar sweetness permeates into the nose (perhaps the rum cask?). Unusual but sweet and very pleasant to drink. At a Rum tasting it would be interesting, how the friends decide...