- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- New American Oak Barrels
- 46.85 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 13 Apr 2015 11:02 am by Ahough445
7 × in wishlist
66 × member ratings
208 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for 1792 Small Batch
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.06 points
- Batch K15 058
- When I first tried this, some 5 years ago, I paid less than 35 EUR. Today’s bottling is around 55 EUR. A very good bourbon indeed. Thanks, Jan.
On the one hand, the nose is honeysweet on loads of caramel and vanilla, but on the other hand also has a very green, herbal side. It reminds me somewhat of pine cones and varnish. In the background, I get some mokatine and coffee. A nice hint of dark fruit, but it does not come through completely.
It is wonderfully creamy and mouth coating and immediately feisty from the spices. Think black pepper and a truckload of nutmeg. The dark fruit returns, somewhat more prominent than on the nose, as well as the coffee. After the spices fade somewhat, it turns soft and sweet.
Feel free to call this a long finish, with some oak and spices at the death.
- Bisquit, orange, strawberries, white pepper, apricot, cinnamon, caramel, cane sugar. Slightly unbalanced, burning, thin., Light to medium body and not quite medium intensity. Somewhat sweet and minimally salty
- Pretty balanced and easy drinkable
Spices, liquorice, cinnamon, little vanilla, hints of charred oak, little menthol, eucalyptus, toffee, brown sugar, dried apricot, whiffs of herbs
Oily, creamy, subtle sweetness, more intense liquorice, cinnamon, spices, vanilla, charred oak, toffee
Medium long, warm, spicy, little sweetness
- Fruity and very smooth bourbon. I absolute love it
- The rye doesn't quite seem to mix with the underlying caramel, and vanilla but the overall flavor is good. It does have a rather vigorous and peppery palate - more than its ABV would indicate. Best to let it sit in the glass too and allow some of the gasoline notes to blow off which will reveal a nice, powdered sugar and caramel nose. Some orange in there too. Has a quick finish with a rather bitter bite. All in all, I feel like I got my money's worth - about $30 here in the US.
- Bourbon very pleasant
Vanilla, caramel and banana
Vanilla, honey, caramel and biscuit. A little alcoholic
Long vanilla and biscuit
- A decent bourbon that benefits a lot from just a bit of added water. without water added it's nice and decent, albeit a bit thin and predictable in development, and I would mark it 77-78. With water it steps up a notch and it becomes a very decent + 80 points bourbon
vanilla, banana, metally, creamy, bread/biscuity. Adding water rounds it off nicely as the metallic notes vanish. a
soft arrival, vanilla, spices, again that metallic (which is in fact a bit unpleasant). adding water changes all that as the metallic note is gone and some red fruity tones become more prominent. A big improvement
long and warm with banana's and nutty tones that round of wit spices (nutmeg). here the added water doesn't improve anything as it diminishes and shortens the finish.