85.33/100
Bourbon Cask
Strength
13 Apr 2015 8:48 am by Amsterdam

Whisky Reviews for Ben Nevis 1996 Km

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.33 points

1. Maltlife scored this whisky 81 points Expert Junior

Tasting with 10cl sample. Something different, I think and discovered by accident. After bottling, the whisky spent another 7 years in the bottle. At first I was not very pleased, unfortunately, this circumstance has not changed significantly in the further course. For my taste clearly dominant alcohol. I would politely decline a second dram.
      Right in the Glencairn glass a tweak in the nose, the alcohol dominates and one can guessed that something is developing. Later light fruits, citrus, vanilla, light sweetness, cereals.
    • Taste
      I expected something different after the nose, the alcohol immediately takes the mouth and it takes a moment until I can at least guess that here still light vanilla, Bourbon keg and some sweetness hide. I was not offered much here.
      Longer, but (for me) quite uncomfortable. Also on the finish, I hope to be able to tickle out some more flavor, but the spritige burning on the tongue makes this hope something annihilated.