- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 65.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Apr 2015 8:38 pm by RoyC
16 × in wishlist
93 × member ratings
146 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tamdhu 2006 vW
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.10 points
- A true sherry monster, violent and merciless, young, of course, but 9 years of aging were not in vain, it is not so primitive and one-dimensional, there is some picture of development, differently it appears before us in flavor, taste and aftertaste without breaking, however , the unity of perception; density and power, of course, beyond, but drinking, without distorting the water, is quite comfortable; in general - very good.
An open, raw, crushed sodden grapes, raisins, raisin water, furniture varnish, spicy wood, sandalwood, a box for cigars, tobacco for hookah.
Powerful, oily, enveloping, knocking down with a double blow of spicy, astringent oak and raisin-dried fruit sherry; resin, varnish, red pepper, burnt biscuits.
Spicy, sour, burnt rusks, burnt sugar, leavard, cola, velvet beer, raisin water in the background, homemade, slightly sour pasta.
- Besides the Ultimate cask strength Longmorn's, the Tamdhu's certainly belong to my favorite. The smell, the taste and the recognisability of ingredients, that I leave to each his own judgment. After all, it is a different experience for each of us. Cheers!
- I don't enjoy the glue like smell and taste, I was hoping for more sherry. not my thing
- young whisky, but very sweet and very easy to dring, goes down like creamy swiss milk chocolate
Sherry, butter fudge, caramel, hazelnut chocolate, dried fruits
dried fruits again (sherry), caramel, orange zest
Medium length. Spices like ginger and pepper, butter fudge and again chocolate
- Very well bottled Tamdhu, a lot of impressions without a complex touch. It's getting frutier with some water but lacks at the end of something.Concerning price/performance ratio: 8/10
Sherry, dried glue, caramel, hazelnut, orange zest, sugar candy, dried fruits.
Sweet sherry, rasins, sugar candy, orange zest, dried fruits (also some grapes, sultanas).
Medium. Sherry, dry, gingerbread, toffee, fudge and some chocolate.
- A nice Ultimate
Dried fruit, apricots,nuts, toffee and raisins.
Nice sweetness. red peppery, dried fruit again, sweet wood, and burned coffee.
Very long, with chocolade,tobacco , and again dried fruit.
- Very wild, young, but also interesting Tamdhu. Nevertheless, even with water too much alcohol in the mouth and nose, the tea likes.
Very closed without water, some citrus notes, pungency and teens, like coldbrew, with water then a bit nutty, light raisin, some grapefruit
Fruit compote, very warm, but also spicy with alcohol, citrus fruits, lemons and grapefruit peels, lemongrass, still some tea, pre-ripe raisins, white grapes, some white sugar, but also white pepper
Pepper, dry young oak, raisins, medium long, strong alcoholic