- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Distillery Exclusive
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Spanish Sherry Cask Finish
- 56.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 Apr 2015 4:20 pm by castle-king
33 × in wishlist
92 × member ratings
94 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 18-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.87 points
- A 18 yo Teen! Everything is there shouting out loud to find it place. Strong, intense, i don't know if you can speak of balance when everything seems to be pushed to the max. Peaty, smoky, sherry, dirty, earthy, farmyspicyfruityleatherynutty all at once, i enjoyed it a LOT!
- Big dirty Sherry dram. Loads of Sherry, almost covers the spirit but the peat seems to bring it back.
Worth seeking out if you can find it!
The nose is sherry lead! Tonnnes of rich sherry cake and big body hiding behind. Smoky maple syrup and roast beef meet tea leaves and liquified bacon! Man this is something else; rich and meaty meet sweet lichen and sherry sweet Christmas cake.
The palate is sharp; black pepper and fruit bomb! Szechuan peppers and hot strawberries. Hot smoke and more meat mingle with camphor and bitter earthy peat.
Finish is medium; still sherry sweet lead with more bay leaf and tea tannins but a twist of oak and bitter smoke oak vanilla custard. Something sort of earthy and right like rolling a burned garden in the evening here... reminds me of old whisky and new massaged together; modern sherry meets old school peat!
- Dirty dram, strong and intense, well balanced. Nicely peated.
Blind tasting from homemade Advent 2017 calendar, gentle gift of friends
Fresh leather, with some salt and lot of smoke
Gunpowder, dusty oil, toasted nuts
Long, strong and salty
- A decent peated Leidaig
Yeah, it is peaty and it is strong, much like a Caol Ila to me, a little bit youngish
Leather and sweet peat then transferred to dry petrol
Short but very coastal
- great sherried Ledaig, available as sample on whiskysample.nl