- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Künstlercollection #1
- 2008 - 2011
- 1 Ruby & 1 Tawny Port Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 45.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 30 Mar 2015 5:06 pm by jocmueller
3 × in wishlist
66 × member ratings
125 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Els 2008 - 2011
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.76 points
- My first Glen Els - doesn't taste like whisky. I save details.
Heavy, sweet, dark fruits, plum jam.
Creamy, round, sweet, again plums and raisins, with chocolate cherries. At times I think that a very slight smoky note is present.
Disappear slowly, sweet, then bittersweet chocolate and Mon Cherie.
- It's a great Glen Else again ... completely round and coordinated.
Bright fruits ... apricots ... now comes some milk chocolate ... it goes in one direction from a light fruit compote
Oak with a hint of roasted aromas followed by a pleasant sweetness (honey, chocolate) ... slight spice pushes on
Pleasant ... light tingling on the tongue and again some apricot.
Soft, fruity. Raspberries, strawberries, some wood varnish. Vanilla sauce, cherry candy.
Sweet strawberries with a little pepper and whole milk chocolate. Forest honey, farmhouse bread, a hint of coffee. Medium length.
- A light and pleasant to drink whisky, as with all Glen Els Fassfassung has not missed its effect. Overall, I miss a little bit of force here. The taste note that squeezes the most is the salty, with the more pleasant aromas then fading into the background.
First, a nutty chocolaty aroma rises in my nose, which then immediately mixed with cherry, instantly Mon Cherie comes to my mind, behind it some fresh mint and a hint of dishwashing detergent (citrus), barely noticeable alcohol, the port kegs have here too Good work, with some patience comes leather and wet tobacco, after the first sip, the nose is much spicier
Nutty, but also dry and sometimes sweet, the sweetness is more and more with caramel and chocolate, mixed with some salt and sour cherry notes
Dry again with a fruit bowl and some spice (leather, tobacco), kish juice stands out, medium-long, the slightly sourish of the cherry is then quite persistent