- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Kilbeggan Co. Distilling Logo
- Added on
- 20 Mar 2015 9:02 pm by Gonathras
5 × in wishlist
73 × member ratings
216 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Connemara 12-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.10 points
The peat springs right out, but there are also elements of sweetness and dried fruits. There's a whiff of paint thinner.
The peat lets in and lets out again. It's quite mellow, compared to all the islay peat I'm otherwise used to.
Quite short. A bit of sourness and sweaty socks.
- A mature, a very neat Irish malt!
fresh, fruity (tangerine, apples), malt, sweetness, woody smoke, some oak;
very fruity appearance, dry harmonic smoke, malt, soft, oily / creamy, honey, caramel, complex;
medium length, spicy, nutty; aftertaste vanilla, wood and ash;
- Super whiskey to get started in the topic of smoke, not boring and quite balanced. I would give 3.5 stars.
A good grip in the PLV
Smoke, sweet, light Herbs and heather (I personally have not really got the hang of it yet -> Heather and malt are very close to each other)
First smoke, soft and mild, light spices, honey sweetness, then comes malt and it is a hint of nut.
Long, smoke fades, the nut becomes stronger
- 27.06.2018 Your Whiskey bought in Saulheim 53.95 €
- N- A new releases with much the same as the old batch. Soft petroleum, earthy with whiff of delicious white fruits, floral and vanilla. Narrow and muted with subtle earthy smokes linger. Water enhance the ashy white oaks scents. The much liked charming lychee and pineapple aroma on the old batch are gone.P- Milky and buttery with polished dark chocolate, raisin, frizzy varnish note accompany by wood phenol spiciness that works well with the soft earthy peat.F- Medium, spicy active oak coating, semi dirty, balanced and enjoyable easy sips. — at The Whiskey Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
Fireplace smoke, lemon ice. Light sweetness.
Slightly smoky, spicy and dry. Rather short.