- Amazing value at 48%
- Complex and rich, great burn - an acquired taste
- Initial flavors are huge liquorice / anised quickly followed by, sweet peaty fresh apple and fruit
- Smoke is actually a little subtle, mostly at the finish, I need more smoke ...
- Less medical than the 10 year version which I love too. I could always do with more iodine and sea salt
- If you are a whisky newbie don't try or you will be wasting your money. This is for men with long beards, not man-boys. You need to develop your taste buds. Took me a while to get into peat. but once you're in it is amazing. One dram is never enough, my bottle is disappearing quickly! If you like Glenfiddich / Glenlivet or (god forbid) any kind of Johnny Walker / Chivas mixed rubbish then stay away or it will offend your genteel senses and (lack of) sensitivity.
Aroma: Luminous aromas of peat ash, coconut and banana.
Taste: Complex, full-bodied and a lot of peat smoke. Surprised by a slight sweetness.
Finish: Long and dry with peat smoke and spices.