10 × in wishlist
41 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1997 WhB
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.08 points
- Fades away quite fast after swallowing. A few drops of water and 5-10 minutes rest will make this better. Sample from Tom @hetwhiskyforum
Wax, oranges, hay, mint, banana, apricot, peach, some mint
Very sweet, honey, waxy, hay, oranges, some peach
Quite short, slightly bitter, hay, honey, malty
- Sample from Tom03
Fresh fruits, citrus and some wax. Briny - salty, a touch of smoke and orange yoghurt.
Nice fruits, honey and citrus hops like a triple beer. Later some smoke and tobacco. Peach, peat and lychees.
Vanilla, malty, citrus, fruity and marshmellows.
- Very fruity, fresh and tasty.
- Light in style, but sweet and thick in body.
Reminded me of some rich lemon cake, lightly soaked with sugar syrup.
More malty notes in the taste, and a hint of sweet smoke at the end.
Great Clynelish, even if not fully typical.
- Not really waxy this one. Compared to the last Clynelish from Whiskybroker this one has a much lighter profile. Very tasty nevertheless.
Honey, orange, lime, vanilla, peanut butter, a little caramel and a floral touch.
Orange, honey, lime, vanilla and a slightly soapy touch. With water it turns rather nutty. Only after a long time a waxy notes comes through.
Orange, almond, honey, vanilla and caramel.
- Grown-up-jumpy, wheels keep on turning. Somebody find me a malt like the old days, these days are gone:-) Bold 88 - Clynelish! ...