85.24/100
MoS 15016
Strength
09 Mar 2015 8:24 am by St. Pauli

Whisky Reviews for Mortlach 1997 MoS

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.24 points

1. Avdboom scored this whisky 88 points Member Senior

Nothing bad, nothing special!

Have tot reconcider this. I think I still have tot get my head arround the mortlach style but the second time I like it a lot more! Perhaps becouse I diluted it heavily from the start this time? I thought the first time my taste was a litle wreaked after the first neat sip? Anyway, after diluting it right away I enjoyed it a lot more!

2. Ciro scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

• Taste

3. Falnor scored this whisky 79 points Connoisseur

I was hoping for more than this. Mortlach needs to be powerfull, chewy and a little dirty. Nothing really wrong, but to clean for me
      Very fresh, a whisky made for spring. Delicate flowers, camomile. Hay and wet grass that's just been cut. Red apple and lemon.
    • Taste
      Sweet lemon candy, citrus and cream. High abv isn't very heavy. The whisky never becomes more than this and remains straigth, one dimensional, clean and a bit boring.
      Bittersweet, could have used more character.