- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Pedro Ximénez & Virgin Oak Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- L60760 15000255
- Bottled for
- International Duty Free
- Added on
- 06 Mar 2015 5:58 pm by Connaisseur
17 × in wishlist
177 × member ratings
734 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie The Duthac
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.60 points
- Pretty light in the nose, some light sherry, a bit of pepper, vanilla and honey. Acceptable dram, but not a wow-factor
- A soft, delicious and good Glenmorangie, in the liter bottle and at a reasonable price!
soft, fruity, (pear, peach, berries), honey, vanilla;
mild, soft onset, fruity, sherry aromas, caramel, toffee, increasingly spicy, peppery, slightly dry;
medium length, fruity finish; slightly bitter in the finish, oak;
- Not a bad Glenmorangie, much more tasty than 10 yo. Quite well balanced (but a bit on the oaky side) although feels somewhat young. Easy going and can be a good daily dram if the purchase price is around 50 euros.
Fresh, sultanas, vanilla, red berries, oranges, some honey notes, cinnamon, a bit of dark chocolate
Slightly sweet, fruity (apricots, yellow apples), spicy (peppers, ginger), black currant notes, burnt caramel, some bitterness
Short, sweet, oaky and slightly bitter, walnut shells, notes of malt
- In the taste very appealing, the nose could be better. But still nice whisky
In the first impression a bit weak or not immediately recognizable.
Some wood a fruitiness with a touch of honey. Somehow, every now and then a note of sulfur comes through
The second glass of apricot
Yes, now clearer sherry with a nice sweet (milk chocolate) paired with some black pepper and slight bitterness
Mouth filling with light spice ... medium long
- Jim Murray has awarded 91.5 points to the Duthac.
- Nothing special or worth buying. It's drinkable, but there are way better choices.
A light and young start. Grass and hay. Green banana and yellow apples . More caramels and milky chocolate paste later on.
More sherried on the palate. Raisins and some plums. Toffee, cream and some chocolate.
Just too light, short and boring.
- Pretty drinkable and convenient, I would say simple and easy
Apples, xmas spice, cinnamon, dry hay, little lemony too
Citrusy, lemony, subtle sweetness, a bit liquorice too
Medium long, warm